Sunday, October 1, 2017

Book Review: Shut Your Eyes by Mandy Lee


You Don't Know Me Trilogy (Book 3)

You must read this series!! The writing was amazing and the sex scenes were some of the best that I’ve read!! The story was sooo good and although it might seem like an everyday kind of read what with the billionaire and ordinary girl theme, but there’s so much more to it. I loved the development of the characters throughout the whole trilogy and that they’ve grown stronger with every obstacle they had to overcome.

This author definitely knows how to write hot and steamy sex scenes that last longer than just one or two pages. And I enjoyed just as much the bickering, playful and funny moments between Maya and Dan.
‘”You do know this is my favorite hobby?” he asks.
“Not knitting?”
He laughs.
“No. Not knitting. Not any more. Driving you insane with pleasure.”
“I’m already there.”’
I was really happy with how this awesome trilogy ended. I grew to love Dan so much. He was still a very much controlling dominant and that would have never changed but he wasn’t as cold anymore and we got to see his soft side as well. He was so caring and attentive. I just loved him.

The Story:
Although she eventually agreed to this fake brake-up, Maya missed Dan already. She can’t wait for this all to be over soon to get back to her life with him. But Boyd is dangerous and as long as they are all in danger, there is just no other way than to play along.

Being away from Dan gets harder with every day and it doesn’t help to have no reassurance that everything’s ok between them. Nagging thoughts come easily and in no time Maya’s questioning if this will have a happy ending.

Thoughts:
This book had its ups and downs. First it started where the second book left off, where Maya and Dan split up. The whole scheme felt kind of weird and I still didn’t understand why they thought this would make Boyd stop.
I was pissed at Clive for breaking up with Lucy as well and I really couldn’t understand how her best friend would to this to her. I couldn’t forgive this so easily.

Gordon was one of my favorite secondary characters in this book. I’d definitely love to read more about him.

Like I mentioned above, this author really knows how to write hot and heavy!! It’s not just wam, bam, thank you ma’am, but slowly built up steam and covered more than just two pages. Let’s just say I absolutely loved the sex scenes! I found myself skipping them in other books recently and was so happy to finally be able to enjoy them so much again. But it wasn’t just all sex in this book. Not at all! But when they got it going on, it was off the charts hot! And all the kink! Oh my. I wanna read this book again even if it’s just for the sex scenes *haha*.

One of my favorite scenes (apart from the sex scenes *wink*) was the one with the napkin/maid. I can’t say more because I don’t want to give anything away but I think you’ll know what I mean when you’ve read the book.
‘”Use the soddin napkin.”’
It was such a fun and unique way to go at this. It felt special and I loved it so much!

This story was an emotional rollercoaster because even though most of the time it was a great and enjoyable read, there were a few times when my emotions went overboard with being angry or happy or on the verge of tears.
‘Dan’s talking to me through music. He’s done it before and he’ll do it again. He loves his woman… and he always will.’
There might have been one or two things that I wasn’t really happy about. Apart from Lucy never being mad at Maya for what happened because of her with Clive, I was not so happy about how slow or fast some things went. The time apart from Maya and Dan was kind of long (I really missed him) whereas when everything went down with Boyd, it was over and done with very quickly. I mean it was suspenseful and kept me on the edge, maybe I read it so fast and it just felt like it but wasn’t at all. I don’t know. Anyway, one or two things happened rather fast and I would have liked a different pace for some of the things that went down. (The sex scenes were perfect though!! They could have gone on and on. I didn’t want them to stop! LOL)

Oh and regarding Boyd. I still don’t understand how Dan, with all his money, friends, security and endless possibilities, wasn’t able to find Boyd even though he was right in front of them the whole time. I just didn’t understand that.

Anyway, I loved that this book didn’t just end and leave me hanging about what the future will bring for the characters because it showed me what lies ahead of them and I was really satisfied with how the story left me feeling in the end. It was definitely a good feeling, that’s all I can tell you. =)

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment