Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Book Review: Possessive by Willow Winters



This review is hard to write because it's almost like I've read a different story than everybody else.

It felt a lot like watching an episode of a TV show without knowing what's actually going on. There were a few times when I wanted to give up reading, foremost in the first half of the book, but I was stubborn enough to pull through.

It got only slightly better in the second half of the book but I did like the chapters of the past because they gave me at least some kind of story, emotions and just something to understand. The rest felt like a dream where I couldn't see anything else than thick fog. The pace was really slow, like only a few couple of really long and drawn out days.

And just when it started to get interesting did I notice that it was only leading up to the next book that's coming soon in this series. Maybe it will be better in the next because we now already know something from this book.

The Story:
Addison accidentally stumbles over Daniel years later after what had happened and both were surprised to see each other. She just wants to feel at home somewhere and after visiting so many places, she’s finally looking into settling down. But then she unexpectedly sees him again and is taken aback by his unfriendly reaction. It took her so long to get better and he ruined it. Now she can’t stop thinking about him and about what happened. She has to tell him how she feels or she won’t be able to keep her dark thoughts at bay.
He’s bad for her and both know it, but desire is not something that’s easily dismissed and it doesn’t take long for the passion to break through.

Thoughts:
It took me forever to get into the story because I was not much a fan of the characters and the rather slow process of the story. I came to like Tyler though later on in the chapters of the past.

The obsession of Addison and Daniel was a mystery to me because yeah maybe he wanted to get her naked and she wanted him already years ago, but their behavior was still really strange. I couldn’t warm up to them and struggled to get through the story because I just couldn't get a picture of what was going on. The characters felt off and I couldn't stop wondering if Daniel had a split personality.
The first half of the book was especially hard to get through but then, finally, about in the middle of the story, feelings run high and it got a little bit better but I still did not understand why the characters acted so strange. She was obsessed with him despite his animosity and he was a total stalker and creeper. I was missing depth, more details and background information in this story.

The blurb didn't give much away or else I probably wouldn't have read this book. I've read two books so far by this author and both were completely different from each other as were my ratings. So anyway, I wanted to give it another go with this book but I can only say that I wish I saw and felt what other readers did in this book but sadly it turned out to be just not it for me.

-- I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given by Give Me Books Promotions. --

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment